Why Choose Dana-Farber
Each year, thousands of patients from around the world come to Dana-Farber for their cancer care. Here are some reasons why:
- Their culture of care and research benefits patients
- Ever since Sidney Farber, MD, pioneered chemical therapies to treat children with leukemia in 1947, Dana-Farber has forged a groundbreaking path: 70+ years of research discovery and innovation have revolutionized cancer diagnosis and treatment, for the benefit of all our patients, adult and pediatric. Our equal emphasis on patient care and research means that our leading-edge research is informed by patient care – and our patient care relies on leading-edge research.
- They focus exclusively on cancer and related diseases
- All our clinicians – radiologists, pathologists, medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists and nursing staff – have deep experience treating your particular type of cancer. Our multidisciplinary team approach to cancer care ensures that you will receive the combination of treatments that is best for you. We partner with two of the world’s highest-ranked hospitals – Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Boston Children’s Hospital – to provide complete and integrated care for our adult patients and pediatric patients.
- Our patients and families come first
- Dana-Farber founder Sidney Farber, MD, pioneered the concept of patient-centered care, in which patients are seen not only by physicians and nurses, but also by specialists in other areas of cancer care, such as social work, nutrition, integrative therapies, and many others. Today, Dana-Farber’s wide range of patient and family support services help our patients to move through their cancer experiences. And involving patients and their families in care decisions is standard practice across our Institute